…also guest writing and professional development….
|“The feedback on your session was very strong. I’m glad you were able to present such critical information.”
–Wendy Behrens, MN Department of Education
Since 2011, I have been invited to present at conferences and conventions all over the country. My passions are sharing information and insights related to gifted youth, as well as providing tools for teens—and the adults who care about them—that strengthen advocacy skills.
Sample Presentation Topics
- See Me: Increasing Two-way Visibility of Gifted-LGBTQ Students to Support Academic Success
- Illumination through Integration: Moving Beyond Tolerance in Educating Gifted LGBTQ Students (and Their Classmates)
- Allies in Education: How Educators Can Spark Engagement in Under-served Populations of Gifted Youth
- Supporting the Unique Needs of Students who are Gifted and GLBTQ
- Embracing Difference: Constructing Positive Gifted/GLBTQ Identities
- Gap Years: Time Off is Not Time Wasted
- NAGC GLBTQ SIG: A New Way to Spell Support
- Legitimate Identities: Gifted GLBTQ Youth and Accelerated Self-Awareness
|Deborah Ruf, PhD, High Intelligence Specialist
“Teresa has been a trusted resource for my client families, someone whose work and knowledge of how to support the development of highly intelligent children is unparalleled.”
Articles and Book Chapters
Editors of newsletters have also invited me to write for their publications, both on broad topics related to gifted youth and on topics specific to gifted/LGBTQ youth.
- NAGC: chapters on advocating for gifted-LGBTQ youth, in book published in 2018, “Needs and Approaches for Educators and Parents of Gifted Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Students“
- NAGC: “Home for the Holidays” article in Parenting for High Potential, published October 2014
- 2e Twice-Exceptional Newsletter: “Gifted and GLBTQ: A Parent’s Perspective“
- Virginia Association for the Gifted Newsletter: “Raising Gifted Children“
If your school district, g/t educators’ group, parents’ organization, or local Mensa chapter would like to schedule a presentation/workshop or engage my writing services, please Contact Me.
Speaking fees will vary, depending on the event, travel involved, and length of presentation/workshop desired. Writing fees are negotiated based on the project.
This is a place where I periodically write about issues developing around LGBTQ folks–mostly youth, but not always.
I invite you to check back once in a while, to see what’s new. Feel free to weigh in—respectfully, please—on ideas you see posted there.