…also guest writing and professional development….
“The feedback on your session was very strong. I’m glad you were able to present such critical information.”
–Wendy Behrens, MN Department of Education
In the past few years, I have been invited to present at conferences and conventions all over the country. My passions are sharing information and insights related to gifted youth, as well as providing tools for teens—and the adults who care about them—that strengthen advocacy skills.
|NAGC–National Association for Gifted Children||2011: Help Build the NAGC GLBTQ SIG
Embracing Difference: Constructing Positive Gifted-GLBTQ Identities
Shared Advocacy Strategies for Marginalized Gifted Groups
|MCGT–MN Council for the Gifted and Talented||2011: Supporting the Unique Needs of Gifted-GLBTQ Youth
2012: Embracing Difference: Constructing Positive Gifted Identities
2013: Gap Years: Time “Off” is Not Time Wasted
2014: Different and Underserved: How Can We Support ALL Our Gifted Youth?
|American Mensa||2012: Nature of Gifted-GLBTQ Youth and Adults
2014: Update on Nature/Supporting the Unique Needs of Gifted-GLBTQ Youth and Adults
|MEGT–MN Educators for the Gifted and Talented||2014: Supporting the Unique Needs of Gifted-GLBTQ Youth|
|MN Department of Education||2014: Supporting the Unique Needs of Gifted-GLBTQ Youth|
|Hormel Foundation G/T Education Symposium (invitation only)||2014: Supporting the Unique Needs of Gifted-GLBTQ Youth|
Sample Presentation Topics
- Supporting the Unique Needs of Students who are Gifted and GLBTQ
- Embracing Difference: Constructing Positive Gifted/GLBTQ Identities
- Gap Years: Time Off is Not Time Wasted
- NAGC GLBTQ SIG: A New Way to Spell Support
- Legitimate Identities: Gifted GLBTQ Youth and Accelerated Self-Awareness
Deborah Ruf, PhD, High Intelligence Specialist
“Teresa has been a trusted resource for my client families, someone whose work and knowledge of how to support the development of highly intelligent children is unparalleled.”
Editors of newsletters have also invited me to write for their publications, both on broad topics related to gifted youth and on topics specific to gifted/GLBTQ youth.
- Virginia Association for the Gifted Newsletter: “Raising Gifted Children” gsquaredyouthadvocate.com/…/VAG_Winter08Vol29No2.pdf
- 2e Twice-Exceptional Newsletter: “Gifted and GLBTQ: A Parent’s Perspective” 2e-reprint_tmanzella-7-14
- NAGC: fastback chapter on advocating for gifted-GLBTQ youth (in final editing stages as of late October 2016)
- NAGC: “Home for the Holidays” article in Parenting for High Potential, published October 2014 php-oct2014_home-for-the-holidays
If your school district, g/t educators’ group, parents’ organization, or local Mensa chapter would like to schedule a presentation/workshop or engage my writing services, please Contact Me.
Speaking fees will vary, depending on the event, travel involved, and length of presentation/workshop desired. Writing fees are negotiated based on the project.
This is a place where I periodically write about issues developing around LGBTQ folks–mostly youth, but not always.
I invite you to check back once in a while, to see what’s new. Feel free to weigh in—respectfully, please—on ideas you see posted there.